Dhaka terror victim Tarishi Jain's body arrives in Delhi 0
The mortal remains of 19-year-old Tarishi Jain, who was killed along with 20 hostages in the attack on a cafe in Dhaka's high security diplomatic zone on Friday, arrived at the IGI airport in Delhi on Monday. Haryana Education Minister Ram Bilas Sharma, Gurgaon Deputy Commissioner TL Satyaprakash and other officials were present to receive the body. The mood outside the airport was solemn. A couple of women relatives were seen crying inconsolably while waiting for Tarishi's parents to come out of the airport. "She was so young and full of life. What did they achieve by killing her," asked one of them. The body would be taken the community centre in DLF Phase-I for people to pay their last respects, Mr. Satyaprakash said, adding that the cremation would be held in the evening in Sector-29. Tarishi Jain, who had come home from the U.S. for summer vacations, had gone out to Holey Artisan Bakery with two of her friends on Friday evening when the terrorists stormed it. On Saturday, she was among the first victims of the Dhaka’s siege to be identified. Her friends Abinta Kabir and Faraaz Hossain were also killed in the attack. Her father, Sanjeev Jain, has been running a garment business in Dhaka for over a decade.
- Bomber Killed, 2 Police Wounded In Blast Outside US Consulate In Jeddah
- Experts slam omission of water heaters in solar policy
- Aamir Khan shares his mantra of dealing with controversies, says ‘Stay calm and ignore’
- Canada Open: B Sai Praneeth, Manu Attri-B Sumeeth Reddy Win Badminton Titles
- Buy Tata Motors, L&T; Avoid Ashok Leyland: Aditya Agarwal